Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year

Welcoming a new year is always refreshing. It's also fun to look back on the year we have had. It reminds me of all I have to be thankful for and also curious to see what adventures the new year will bring. Here is a picture review of 2013..because it's fun. 
New Years Eve celebrating the coming year 2013
First big house project..painting living room + dining room!
My handsome husband and adorable dog.
Coordinated my first wedding. 
And was EXHAUSTED afterwards. But I loved it.
Had a really difficult school year but made time to laugh it off.
Celebrated Easter with Austin's siblings.
First annual "Camp Read-A-Lot" in 2nd grade.
Celebrated our 2nd Wedding Anniversary.
Got bored and chopped my hair off. 
2013 Summer Vacation with friends in Cape San Blas, Florida.
FIRST summer off as a teacher.
2nd trip to Florida with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law.
Hubs and I built and upholstered our media table.
Feeling more "us" at our home.
Got ready for a new school year with my teacher friends.
Experienced the best concert of my life in September!
Mary Poppins and Bert for Halloween.
Hosted Thanksgiving with my family.

My family in Oklahoma City.
In our Christmas jammies having our own Christmas together.
Hosted NYE at our house again and had a blast.
I'm not usually huge on New Years resolutions because I've seen so many make unrealistic goals and they are forgotten in a few weeks. But the hubs and I always spend some time talking about what we would like to change or accomplish in the New Year. We are going to write these down together and work on them together this year. Together we would like to go on more dates, cook healthy meals together, be more active each week, spend more time reading the bible, go on a vacation, and pay down more students loans (snowballing has worked well for us). I personally would like to challenge myself in the area of work and hobbies. I want to find more things I enjoy doing and work hard on them. I would like to carve out more time for TPT projects. And of course I'm always down for a good house project. I want to see "health" in a new light this year and change my attitude toward physical activity. I am excited to see what 2014 brings. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS